Founded in the 1850's. Mt. Calvary actually began along a wagon trail — a place of reverence where settlers buried loved ones lost along the way. Today Mt. Calvary is not only the community's largest Catholic cemetery, it is also one of the oldest Catholic cemeteries in Cedar Rapids.
• Personal attention within a comfortable, caring and
non commercialized setting
• Close working relationships with local churches and funeral homes
• Lawn crypt packages that include the cemetery space, vault,
• Opportunities to choose from a variety of markers and headstones, not only simple flat markers
Click on the map at left to see a larger image.
• Located in Garden of Resurrection
• Single or Double Niches for Cremains
• Above Ground Burial for Cremains
• Granite Construction
• Carnelian Niche Panels
• Weatherproof Sealed Niches
• Carved Memorial Feature on Top
• Benches to Allow Meditation and Rememberance
• Columbarium Packages Include the Niche and Bronze Plaque